During my childhood, I associated waffles with breakfast out at a diner. New Jersey is known for their diner breakfasts, which they serve all day. Not until I was already out of school did I realize how easy it was to make waffles at home, and from scratch! I started off with a traditional yeasted recipe, which required me knowing I wanted waffles for breakfast the night before (which didn’t often happen). This recipe takes minutes, no forethought and you can hardly taste the difference!
The secret to great waffles is to separate your eggs and whip your eggs whites to get the perfect fluffy texture that makes these waffles just as good as at your favorite breakfast joint. You can use a hand or stand mixer to get whipped egg whites. I wouldn’t suggest doing it by hand, because no one wants that kind of arm work out when they’re hungry first thing in the morning.
Zulay sent me a milk frother a little while ago and if you have no mixer, or limited counter space, this is the perfect little appliance hack You can use your frother to whip your eggs, and then make yourself a latte with it for the perfect breakfast at home.
If you’d like to purchase anything from Zulay, click here! www.zulaykitchen.com?ref=4Z3mG
Or, use the code roxbakingpan10 in order to receive 10% off your order. I do make a small commission so I appreciate you! 😀
Easy Belgian Waffles
The easiest Belgian waffle recipe for quick and relaxing breakfast.
- 2 cups AP flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Separate egg–adding egg yolk to dry mixture and placing egg whites into another bowl.
- Mix egg yolk, oil, milk and vanilla to dry ingredients until there are only a few lumps.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. You can do this by hand (which will take awhile) with a hand/stand mixer, or even a milk frother! Fold in egg whites with whisk.
- Cook in waffle iron for 4 minutes.
- Flip waffle iron as soon as you close it, to get an evenly distributed waffle.
- Substitute milk of choice into recipe! But keep in mind, this might change nutritional values.
Per Serving: 480 calories; 25 g fat; 55 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 296 mg sodium.